This speech is a textbook example of the pathology that is at the core of left wing ideology. Total distortion of facts, totally distorted interpretations of facts, totally distorted conclusions and totally pathological justifications for future action. The inevitable question is, how many votes would he have gotten if he had campaigned this openly?
- while these truths may be self-evident, they have never been self-executing
They WOULD be self-preserving or even self-executing if power were in the hands of officials who respect these truths, rather than ceaselessly seek ways to circumvent them.
- The patriots of 1776 did not fight to replace the tyranny of a king with the privileges of a few or the rule of a mob.
So then why is it the obsessive cause of the leftists and the power grabbers to “progress” us to the tyranny of an imperious presidency?
- we learned that no union founded on the principles of liberty and equality could survive half-slave and half-free
Then why must we now impose continued malaise and suffering just to prove that the Union will also not survive being half free and half socialist? Six or seven generations ago the issue was decided on favor of freedom. Why is this generation hell-bent on taking us back to slavery through socialism?
- Together, we determined that a modern economy requires railroads and highways to speed travel and commerce; schools and colleges to train our workers.
NO, it was free men, working in freedom, in voluntary and free association and cooperation with partners of their choice, in a free market, practicing free enterprise, unfettered by government interference and “regulation” that have invented, financed and worked to build for us all these things. We had schools and colleges long before government moved in to “help,” and initially it did so only in the form of the donation of public lands for the land-grant colleges. We had roads and railroads long before the government moved in, and initially it did so only in the form of the donations of strips of public lands for the railroads throughout the West. Government did not invent the technology, or even dictate the routes or the specifications for the many components of the infrastructure.
- Together, we discovered that a free market only thrives when there are rules to ensure competition and fair play.
Quite to the contrary of this thinly veiled attack on free enterprise, America experienced its greatest growth in the days when government interference was minimal or non-existent. Oversight became regulation which became control, with the result that today we are stifled to the point of paralysis and inability to recover from a glitch that took place already FIVE OR SIX years ago.
What we HAVE discovered together, in the 1930s, in the 1970s and again now in the 2010s is that any “rules to ensure competition and fair play” are code words for long term stagnation and blatantly open cronyism, not competition and certainly not fair play, which is most certainly not extended to you if you don’t suck up to the political power structure, which is the requirement today.
What we HAVE discovered “together” in the 1920s and 1980s is that only free enterprise, low tax rates and limited government will bring us out of a government-induced depression, which is of course why today that is the absolute last thing that this administration is willing to permit. Their goal is fundamental transformation; that is, complete destruction and reconstruction on along the anti-humanitarian principles of socialism.
- Together, we resolved that a great nation must care for the vulnerable, and protect its people from life’s worst hazards and misfortune.
No, what this administration today and what the Democrat party for decades had resolved is that they will never allow reasonable, common sense and very necessary changes to be made in the way we finance our social welfare programs, so that they would be there for the people who need them and also would not drive the nation into bankruptcy.
- we have never relinquished our skepticism of central authority, nor have we succumbed to the fiction that all society’s ills can be cured through government alone
No; quite the contrary. The driving force behind this administration and the Democrat party for decades is that skepticism of central authority is the hallmark of subversive right wing conservative extremism. This administration and the Democrat party are organically, immutably wedded to the notion that only government can cure society’s ills, which, by the way, they invariably interpret as any sign of adherence to freedom and free market principles.
- preserving our individual freedoms ultimately requires collective action
This would be a laughable, sophomoric oxymoronic piece of trash nonsense, were it not coming from the mouth of the man who was just sworn in as POTUS. The only “collective action” that is required is to honor the Constitution that he has sworn, falsely and with manifestly clear mental reservations, to uphold.
- the American people can no more meet the demands of today’s world by acting alone than American soldiers could have met the forces of fascism or communism with muskets and militias. No single person can train all the math and science teachers we’ll need to equip our children for the future, or build the roads and networks and research labs that will bring new jobs and businesses to our shores. Now, more than ever, we must do these things together, as one nation, and one people.
This passage is the clearest statement of the utter contempt and revulsion that this man reserves for anything and everything even remotely resembling our founding principles. This passage is also a most mean spirited attack, dripping with ridicule, on our long cherished ideal of individualism. He expects us to be so stupid as not to know the difference between principles and specifics, and that the reason principles endure is that they are not violated or invalidated when specific details change.
- America’s possibilities are limitless, for we possess all the qualities that this world without boundaries demands: youth and drive; diversity and openness; an endless capacity for risk and a gift for reinvention
This is precisely why the economy had to be crashed, as soon as the Democrats retook control of Congress in the elections of 2006. This is precisely why the nation had to be saddled with a huge jolt of additional debt since then. This is precisely why government spending must continue unrestrained, why all federal budget projections show trillion dollar deficits into the infinite future. This is precisely why the economy is not allowed to recover, why we must not be allowed the chance to grow ourselves out of our debt and deficits. This is precisely why America must be fundamentally transformed; that is, why America must be destroyed, humbled and humiliated, because the scions of a bunch of pathetic, envious losers need their thirst for revenge to be sated.
- America’s prosperity … rest upon the broad shoulders of a rising middle class
This is why the middle class has to be destroyed, today as in the days when the middle class first arose many centuries ago. The new world order envisioned by the establishment is the same as the old world order of medieval times — a privileged ruling class enjoying the very best that civilization has to offer, lording over a downtrodden underclass of de-educated, ignorant, overworked, underpaid and therefore obedient serfs and peons owing their very survival to the occasional largess of their oppressors. As we saw in 1776, a proud, self-sufficient, self-motivated and self-governing middle class would never stand for that kind of crap, and therefore today the ruling class is determined to make sure the size of our middle class will be shrunk till extinction.
- we reject the belief that America must choose between caring for the generation that built this country and investing in the generation that will build its future.
If this statement WERE true and if it WERE offered in honest sincerity, then he’d be at the forefront of efforts to put these social welfare programs on a sound fiscal footing, instead of just repeating the tired, stupid old mantra of “soak the rich.” He would NOT pile up deficit on top of deficit for endless numbers of years to come, building up a national debt that no future generation could ever hope to pay down, let alone repay in full.
- We do not believe that in this country, freedom is reserved for the lucky, or happiness for the few.
This PRECISELY and ONLY what they believe…!!! YOU are LUCKY only because YOU were born to hard working parents. YOU were LUCKY only because YOU were born with brains, talent, good health, a work ethic, whatever. And therefore you are NO better than anybody else, you have NO reason to be proud of what you might incorrectly think are YOUR achievements, because they are NOT. Nevertheless, the burden is on YOU to SERVE the “less fortunate,” because and ONLY because YOU are able to. It is your DUTY. From each according to his ability,… remember? If you don’t, shame on you and do read Karl Marx and his Communist Manifesto (published in 1848).
- We, the people, still believe that our obligations as Americans are not just to ourselves, but to all posterity. We will respond to the threat of climate change, knowing that the failure to do so would betray our children and future generations. Some may still deny the overwhelming judgment of science, but none can avoid the devastating impact of raging fires, and crippling drought, and more powerful storms. The path towards sustainable energy sources will be long and sometimes difficult.
This, of course, is nothing but the Communist Manifesto, updated to the times of the past couple of generations.
The hysteria of global cooling in the 1970s became Al Gore’s money making global warming machine in the 1990’s and, after the data fudging scandals at East Anglia University and other universities such as Penn State in the last decade, they had conveniently renamed “climate change.” There is NO scientific consensus that ANY of it is real or man-made. Unfortunately for the demagogues, the only thing that matters in science is TRUTH, which this crowd would not recognize if it bit them on their bare ass. As Galileo and others before and since have demonstrated, truth is truth even if proclaimed by a single man facing down the massive armies of yes-men of the establishment. Truth is accessible to any man with an open, honest, intellectually and morally disciplined and rigorous mind.
- our journey is not complete until our wives, our mothers, and daughters can earn a living equal to their efforts. Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law – for if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well. Our journey is not complete until no citizen is forced to wait for hours to exercise the right to vote. Our journey is not complete until we find a better way to welcome the striving, hopeful immigrants who still see America as a land of opportunity; until bright young students and engineers are enlisted in our workforce rather than expelled from our country. Our journey is not complete until all our children, from the streets of Detroit to the hills of Appalachia to the quiet lanes of Newtown, know that they are cared for, and cherished, and always safe from harm.
Updated Communist Manifesto, continued.
Women, doing the SAME job as men, are NOT paid less. There are indicators that women in the same jobs make more. Collectively, women make less because they are over-represented in the lower paying jobs. This too will change because for many years now more women have gone to college and are finishing college than men.
The veiled and coded reference to same-sex “marriage” is just plain ignorant, both in biology and in law.
The right to vote is being eroded, not by long lines at the polls but by rampant voter fraud — routinely committed by the LEFT. They make ridiculous claims about the difficulty of obtaining picture identification cards, in the face of ample evidence of inconvenient facts such as the routine requirement for the very same id’s for practically all commercial transactions.
If indeed immigrants STILL regard America as a hopeful place to come to — despite Obama’s most determined efforts to wreck our economy– then why are Democrats so eager to fill up our land with people so woefully ill-prepared to participate in a modern economy? Does America really need a permanent, uneducated, unskilled, racially, culturally and linguistically incompatible underclass? Are the demographics of Democrats trending so badly that this is the only way they have to replenish their voter base?
Bright young students and engineers are NOT expelled from the country, they are recruited and kept here with H-1B visas — have been, for many decades.
And our school children WOULD be safe if the government would NOT require schools to be “gun free zones” — gun-free zone meaning defenseless-victim, free-fire zones in which the mass killer is safe in the knowledge that no one will fire back to stop him before he achieves his murderous intent. How nice for Obama to require us to expose our kids to life-threatening risk, while his privileged kids go to a privileged school, safe their privilege of being protected by privileged bodyguards armed to the teeth — at the underprivileged taxpayers’ expense, of course.
Yes, our children will be so much safer if we disarm their parents and make their home gun-free zones, too…
- We, the people, still believe that enduring security and lasting peace do not require perpetual war.
Well, this sounds nice, except for an itty-bitsy piece of inconvenient truth, which is that WE did not go looking for the perpetual war, it is being imposed on us by Obama’s much cherished childhood friends and mentors, the muslims and their world wide jihad through terrorism. THEY are the ones with the 1400 year long dream of total world domination.
- Being true to our founding documents does not require us to agree on every contour of life; it does not mean we all define liberty in exactly the same way, or follow the same precise path to happiness. Progress does not compel us to settle centuries-long debates about the role of government for all time … We cannot mistake absolutism for principle, or substitute spectacle for politics, or treat name-calling as reasoned debate
Once again, he expects us to be so stupid as not to know the difference between principles and specifics, and that principles are not invalidated when specific details change. The principle of limited government arose from millennia of experience with many forms of government; yes, it IS TOO an issue that was SETTLED for all time and enshrined in the US Constitution. It is precisely this imperial “president” who is embracing absolutism much like other actual or wanna-be dictators before him.
When he threatened and then did issue his 23 executive orders, after hundreds of others in the past four years, the only thing he did NOT yet come out and say was, La Loi C’est Moi, in imitation of Louis XIV.
And WHO, if not the attack dogs of the Democrats, routinely engage in the politics of personal destruction? Even when they MIGHT have a decent argument, they choose to attack the messenger, not the message; to engage in name-calling and denigration of the PERSON, not in refuting, disproving or debunking the point being discussed. Their modus operandi is, don’t debate the point; that only legitimizes and elevates your opponent, makes him look like someone worthy of being treated like a decent person. Attack the person, the character, the motivation, the humanity of your opponent; make him look like an ignoramus, a hypocrite, a mentally and morally decrepit, deeply flawed excuse for a human being, and unworthy of recognition. You must never allow him to look like your equal in polite company. THIS too is a common debating “skill” that communists are taught explicitly, deliberately.